Monday, December 24, 2007

The Nutcracker and such....

It has been a delightfully dreary day outdoors today, and therefore perfect for knitting.

The rain this afternoon was a great counterpoint to The Nutcracker Suite and the clicking of the needles. I think I have watched it about a hundred times. Baryshnikov is amazing.

Today also turned out to be somewhat cultural, as I watched Amadeus afterwards. The Ovation channel managed to turn that film into a four hour event (with an encore following. Go figure.) I think this is the first biography that I experienced where the subject was not beatified by the author. Sort of a different contrast -- Mozart's heavenly music came from a man steeped in earthly pleasures and problems. And the story is told from the viewpoint of a rival, which makes it even more interesting. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

The Christmas present is finished. The pinwheel sweater is still sans sleeves, but the body is complete and the edging is in progress.

No comments: