Friday, June 1, 2007

Apple Jack Tank








THIS is what my sister, TF, is getting for her belated birthday present. She seems to like the apple green and the light cotton/silk blend of this yarn is more wearable in her neck of the woods. As you can tell from the photo, this is not a smooth yarn. Its texture should only get softer with each wash -- sort of like a favorite pair of jeans.



The construction of the tank is loose and ends just at the waist. I finished the edges with a reverse single crochet that looks a little like a rope. All in all, I think this is a success. It is the first time I have modified a pattern's neckline and I am pretty happy with the results.



It also brings to mind that these pictures would be more interesting if they were not "flat on the towel" shots. Maybe I can find a mannequin...

No comments: